THE SEASON OF LENT
The season of Lent is a time for Catholic and other Christians to get ready for Easter. It begins on Ash Wednesday February 18. Due to do the pandemic, ashes will be sprinkled on our heads – the more ancient practice —just like it is done in Rome every year.
Some adults will profess their faith, be baptized, confirmed, and receive communion at the Easter Vigil. The rest of us prepare to renew our baptismal promises on Easter Sunday. We think and pray about the wondrous live with which our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us and our salvation. We prepare ourselves to walk with the Lord this Holy Week. Here are some ways we, can renew ourselves. Don’t try to do ALL of them!
- Read, reflect, and pray on the readings from Daily Mass. (A brief video reflection is started.)
- The Word Among Us reflects on the readings. Free to read online here.
- Confess sins and come to the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Come to weekday Mass Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 10am (with Stations) open to the public with usual protocols in place.
- Pray the Stations of the Cross virtually on our Facebook Page or Website.
- Fast and abstain more from food, sin, television, the internet, desert, or whatever.
- Give the money you save and more to the Church or another charity.
SPECIAL LENTEN PROGRAMS
Consider signing up for one of these daily email programs for Lenten Renewal:
Dynamic Catholic’s Best Lent Ever
F.O.R.M.E.D. Daily Lenten Reflections
Loyola Press: Living Lent Daily