The season of Lent is a time for Catholics and other Christians to get ready for Easter. Some adults will profess their faith, be baptized, confirmed, and receive communion at the Easter Vigil. The rest of us prepare to renew our baptismal promises on Easter Sunday.
Here are some ways to renew ourselves:
- Read, reflect, and pray on the readings from Daily Mass.
- Come to Mass more often than just Sunday.
- Confess those sins that come between God and us by going to the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Stations of the Cross on Fridays for the children in the afternoon and adults at night.
- Read a book from our library in De Sales Hall.
- Fast and abstain more from food, sin, television, the internet, dessert, or whatever.
- Give the money you save and more to Operation Rice Bowl. Rice Bowl boxes are available in both vestibules
- Practice the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy.