The season of Lent is a time for Catholic and other Christians to get ready for Easter. Some adults will profess their faith, be baptized, confirmed, and receive communion at the Easter Vigil. The rest of us prepare to renew our baptismal promises on Easter Sunday. We think and pray about the wondrous life with which our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us and our salvation. We prepare ourselves to walk with the Lord during Holy Week. Here are some ways to renew ourselves:
- Read, reflect, and pray on the readings from Daily Mass. Take home a copy of The Word Among Us
- Come to Mass more often than just Sunday. See the weekly schedule below.
- Confess those sins that come between God and us by going to the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Don’t forget the Stations of the Cross on Fridays for the children in the afternoon and adults at night.
- Read a book from our library in DeSales Hall.
- Fast and abstain more from food, sin, television, the internet, dessert, or whatever.
- Give the money you save and more to Operation Rice Bowl. Rice Bowl boxes are available in both vestibules next weekend.
- Practice the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy.